Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mayoral Reception by Cllr. Maria Byrne, Mayor of Limerick

Hi Everyone,

On Monday, the 7th of February, the Mayor of Limerick, Cllr. Maria Byrne held a Mayoral Reception in City Hall to mark my achievement in winning Miss United Nation Europe 2010.


Photography by Kevin Wallace

I was incredibly honoured to receive the reception, especially from Maria Byrne who is an amazing woman and a great role model for the people of Limerick.

Photography by Munsterimages.ie


I was joined by some of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of meeting over the past few months including Brendan and Terry Ring of the Cliona Ring Foundation, Claire Kirby of Limerick Animal Welfare and Shay Kinsella of Share a Dream. Other guests who joined me in the celebration included Clive Power of Xtreme Occasions, make-up artist Claire Kelly and Diarmuid Ring and Louise Clifford of the Pier Hotel as well as some of my closest family and friends.


Photo by Munsterimages.ie


As always, I chose my dress from The Ivory Closet's extensive range and selected a mint green Rachel Gilbert number, which I teamed with a purple blazer, grey tights and neutral shoes in order to make it more "daytime" as well as my sash and Carol Shaw Jewellery crown. My hair and make-up was done by Claire Kelly.

Photography by Kevin Wallace


A couple of days later, I met up with Maggie Red Blog to let her know what I have been up to since I featured as her September Star of the Month. Check out the interview by clicking HERE for all my news as well as some more details of the civic reception.


Until Next Time,
Samantha (Sami) Long
Miss United Nation Ireland 2010
Miss United Nation Europe 2010