Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aware's Daisy Days Munster Launch




On Tuesday, the 19th of July, I helped launch Aware's Daisy Days Campaign. Daisy Days is an annual national fundraiser which this year takes place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of September.

Proceeds from Daisy Days go to maintaining and developing Aware’s vital services for the individuals and families affected directly or indirectly by depression. These include the network of support groups, both nationwide and online, the loCall helpline (1890 303 302, open 365 days a year), the email support service and the 'Beat the Blues' nationwide secondary schools awareness programme.


Daisy Day Bracelets


I did some collecting for Daisy Days last year and, this year, when I was told about Aware's regional launch, I couldn't wait to take part. I was asked to help recruit some familiar Limerick faces and so I asked my good friend Madeline Mulqueen. We were joined by Munster Rugby players Denis Leamy and Mick O'Driscoll and Jeremy Perrin and Sandra Hogan from Aware who traveled down from Dublin to attend the photo call which took place in UL Sports Grounds. Pat Browne & Theo Kennedy from MunsterImages.ie were also good enough to come along and snap some shots. 


Photo by MunsterImages.ie


What I wore
In keeping with the Daisy Days theme, I wore a turqoise shift dress from the Ivory Closet along with my Carol Shaw Jewellery crown and my sash (in some shots). 


To get involved in this year's Daisy Days Festival, click here


Until Next Time,
xxx Sami xxx