Sunday, August 28, 2011

Harvest Charity Day in aid of the CRF & Down Syndrome Limerick

Photo by Ita West

On Sunday, the 7th of August, I ventured out to Meanus in Co. Limerick for a Harvest Charity Day that was taking place in aid of the Cliona Ring Foundation as well as Down Syndrome Limerick.

The event was perfect for a family day out and featured a BBQ, model shop, bouncy castles, demonstrations by the Emergency Services, silage harvesting and live music. I had a great time despite forgetting my wellies and having to hobble around in high-heeled boots for the afternoon (in my defense, harvest days when I was in school were held inside and featured an auction of products).

I was there to support the Foundation and to choose the winning raffle tickets which included a first prize of €800 cash! Unfortunately I didn't pick myself, but then again I guess that would be considered unfair...

Until Next Time,
xxx Sami xxx