Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dublin Zombie Walk Photo Shoot


Photo by Ian Keegan


"Look dead, the Zombies are coming!" Or at least they will be on the 23rd of July...

I recently wrote a blog post about Dublin Zombie Walk 2011, an upcoming event which I am very excited to be involved in. In that entry, I mentioned an upcoming promotional photo call and shoot.

The Dublin Zombie Walk is a fundraiser which was first brought about in 2010 in order to raise money for the Irish Cancer Society and the RNLI. The Irish Cancer Society works towards providing world-class prevention and treatment of cancer in Ireland. The RNLI saves lives at sea and in the last 150 years, has been responsible for saving over 139,000 lives. Needless to say, these are very worthwhile charities which make an incredible difference to many peoples' lives each year. 

So on Friday, the 20th of May, I could be found on Temple Bar's Upper Exchange Street being carried around by giant Zombies while all dressed up in my sash, Carol Shaw Jewellery-commissioned crown and hair and make-up perfectly done by The Salon Hair & Beauty, IFSC. All the while, a sunflower was trying to save me. Photographers Ian Keegan and Shay Murphy were there to capture the terror on my face as I attempted to flee the scene.


Photo by Shay Murphy

Once I was finished being harassed by the giant zombies and the plant had successfully saved me, it was off to get zombified in the collective arts centre, Exchange Dublin. CosmAddict Make-Up Artist Sara Kelly and Terri Pinnell were on hand to transform approximately twenty-five volunteers, my friend Rachel (Miss Sunday World 2010), Adam and I into the disintegrating, brain-craving undead. WildCat Ink was also kind enough to donate contact lenses to complete the look.

Finally, it was time for the shoot and we shuffled our way to the crypt of Christ Church Cathedral... Check out the results below: 

Photo by Shay Murphy


Photo by Ian Keegan

Photo by Ian Keegan


Photo by Ian Keegan
Until Next Time,
Sami Long
Miss UN Ireland 2010
Miss UN Europe 2010