Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Morning Star Rose Competition at the Bruff Summer Festival



At this stage, I have had the pleasure of attending quite a few events with members of the Bruff Community. It all began with the Cliona Ring Foundation Commemorative Night, then there was the documentary the ILoveLimerick.com and I filmed about the Cliona Ring Foundation in Lough Gur, the Pier One Facebook Party in aid of the CRF, the Bruff RFC Dinner Dance and the Lourdescycle.com BBQ.

Most recently, I attended the Bruff Summer Festival which took place on the 2nd and 3rd of July. The Festival is an annual event, a feature of which is the selection of the Morning Star Rose. I was honoured to be asked by the 2010 Rose, Eibhlin O'Sullivan, to judge the competition along with PJ O'Gorman and invited my friend and model Madeline Mulqueen along to join us as a third judge.

Madeline, Elvis, PJ and I at the Bruff Summer Festival

The Morning Star Rose Competition involved a sit-down interview with the eighteen contestants in Clancy's Pub on the Saturday, followed by a meal before we moved down the village to the stage area where half of the contestants were interviewed on-stage by Edel McEniry, the original Morning Star Rose. All four of the past Roses were involved in the event which was a very nice touch and they were so accommodating. The other contestants were interviewed on stage the following evening. Friday evening saw a parade which featured all of the contestants.

Aoife, Madeline, the former Roses and I onstage.
Madeline, PJ and I had great fun meeting and chatting to the contestants. We had such a tough time picking our winner but decided to choose Aoife Power, an absolute stunner and Pharmacy student who impressed the crowd with her violin playing. A huge congratulations to Aoife.

Some beautiful flowers I was presented with
What I wore
On Saturday, I wore a summery, orange dress with gold embellishment and rope detail from the Ivory Closet. On Sunday, I wore another dress from the Ivory Closet - this time, a white and sequinned number teamed with my Carol Shaw Jewellery crown.







Until Next Time,
xxx Sami xxx