Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Homecoming Party

Hi Everyone,

Unless you've been totally ignoring facebook, then you'll know that my belated homecoming party finally took place on Friday, the 14th of January in Pier One in Limerick.

Photo by munsterimages.ie

The night was a great success and gave me the chance to celebrate my new European title with family and friends. It also acted as the launch of my new role as Miss United Nation Europe 2010.

Photo by Kevin Wallace

I have to say a huge thank you to the incredibly generous co-owners of the newly renovated Pier Hotel, who treated my party guests to a champagne reception, finger food and a fantastic DJ. Clive Power of Xtreme Occasions transformed the venue, including the addition of a red carpet. I also have to say thank you to Louise Clifford, Sales and Marketing Manager of the Pier Hotel and Maureen O'Halloran. If it wasn't for these people, this party would not have happened. I am so grateful to them.

Photography by Keith Wiseman

Guests included celebrity stylist Maureen O'Halloran, Deputy Mayor Cormac Hurley, Miss Limerick Gemma Reilly, Singer/songwrite Raquel Rocca, Diarmuid Ring, proprieter of the Pier Hotel, Maggie Red of Maggie Red Blog, Kevin Wallace of Kevin Wallace Photography, Pat Browne of Munster Images, photographer Keith Wiseman, Joan Birchal and Clive Power of Xtreme Occasions.

Photo by munsterimages.ie

One of the highlights of the night has to be being presented with a beautiful bouquet of flowers by the Deputy Mayor, Cormac Hurley. I felt incredibly honoured to be receiving such recognition.

Photography by Keith Wiseman

 Since winning the title in November, I have received amazing support from the people of Limerick and there was no lack of it on the day of my party - The Ivory Closet, Limerick provided me with an amazing Rachel Gilbert evening gown to wear, freelance MUA Claire Kelly did my make-up and Halo: the Urban Retreat did my hair. As always, the crown I wore was designed, commissioned and handmade by Carol Shaw.


Photography by Kevin Wallace

I would like to say thank you to everyone who came. I had an absolutely amazing night!

Until Next Time,
Samantha (Sami) Long
Miss United Nation Ireland 2010
Miss United Nation Europe 2010