Thursday, April 28, 2011

Aware/Ladies Committee Galbally GAA Cheque Presentation


Hi Everyone,

By now you probably know that I want to dedicate my life to the subject of Mental Health and that the charity that aims to defeat depression in Ireland, Aware, is one of two main charities that I am very involved with (the other being the Cliona Ring Foundation). 


 

On Saturday, the 9th of April (the day of the Enable Ireland Bridal Photo Shoot), I travelled to Galbally in County Limerick to accept a cheque on behalf of Aware. 


The Galbally GAA Ladies Committee had raised an incredible €3,000 by holding a fashion show fundraiser. The fashion show featured professional models and some people from the local community. As an ambassador for Aware, I was delighted to go along and thank the ladies for their dedication and the huge difference this money would make.


I wore a beautiful little black dress from the Ivory Closet, Limerick which featured embellished shoulders with my Carol Shaw Jewellery-commissioned crown. 

Until Next Time,
Sami Long
Miss United Nation Ireland 2010
Miss United Nation Europe 2010