Saturday, September 18, 2010

My first post on this blog!

Hey everyone!

This is my first blog entry on this website. I had the equivalent of a blog under the "Notes" section of my facebook page (www.facebook.com/missunireland). I am planning on using this in the place of that (but syncing the two so that this blog still appears on my facebook fan page).

For those of you who don't know me, here is a little bit of information about myself:
On the 2nd of July, I was crowned Miss United Nation Ireland 2010 in the South Court Hotel, Limerick. This means that I am going to Jamaica for the second week of November to represent Ireland in the world finals of Miss United Nation International 2010.

This beauty pageant is new in Ireland and therefore I am the first Irish woman to represent Ireland. The main difference between this pageant system and other pageants is that there is much more of an emphasis on the contestant’s personality and the charity work they do. Also, height and weight are not an issue.  

A very happy me on the night of the Ireland final, having won!
 
The rationale behind setting up this blog is to keep everyone updated about what I've been up to in my role as Miss United Nation Ireland - just as I did on my facebook fan page. I will try to upload a blog entry after I perform every task I'm given in my titleholder capacity. If there is any reason why I cannot talk about an event or job, I will let you know, an example being waiting for the National launch of a product.

I am planning on uploading all my previous posts onto this blog so that it is up to date.

Until next time,
Samantha (Sami) Long
Miss United Nation Ireland 2010.